About Me

My photo
Joel and I finally decided to join the fun with the Blog crowd. I hope that you enjoy all of our adventures

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hello Again

Okay so Joel hit the road again so back to blogging. I am amazed how different my world is when he is gone. The kids still get the 6pm itch to run around and be silly, because daddy is almost home. The after dinner tickle monster is not here to chase Chelsea and be chased by Jonah and Pistol. The kids are sleeping in a little which is nice but I think we all miss having our breakfast next to daddy drinking his coffee and reading the news. We start to develop our own routines. We have color and create time while mommy cooks and an after dinner walk to get all the tickle monster energy out. We have oatmeal for dinner and lunchables for breakfast, just to make things interesting. He is only gone for a short trip but he is still gone and that is a change in our family dynamic. Yes we miss him when he is away but we know he misses us too. Thank goodness for technology for both the digital babysitter, we jokingly call the iPad, and for SKYPE. I am not sure how I would survive without their help. Talking to Joel the kids automatically get into silly mode. They know his light hearted fun sense of humor and feed off of it, even in front of a computer screen. He is a great daddy and an even better husband, that must be why we miss him so much. He is doing what he loves and I would not have it any other way. I am so blessed and thankful!

Well that is it for today, I look forward to catching up with you all soon. We have done a lot since the last we spoke, Hawaii, moved, built a swing set, and our first camping trip. I am not much of a writer but I do like pictures so we will be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment