Okay, here are the pictures I’ve been promising for a while. Assuming they all attached as planned, the first should be one of the allied NSE buildings. What it does is not important. I wanted to show you the construction. Notice it is built by stacking trailers on top of each other and welding them together. Then, certain walls are cut out, windows are cut out, doors are cut out, and you have a pre-fab building made of steel. That is how EVERYTHING is done out here. My dorm room is a trailer just like the BX. Zoom in and look at it closely.
Next is the view from my dorm. You are looking at the Belgian APC (amored personnel carrier) parking lot and the international BXs. They take dollars or euros and have some interesting stuff. Anyone want a beret? Next is the gym. It is a tent-like dome structure. Inside, there is an anaerobic and aerobic side. It’s not bad, plus its 23/7. Next appears to be an old HUMV, but I was actually trying to take a picture of the background. This is about as clear of a day as we’ve had and if you zoom in, you can see the snow-capped mountains. They really are pretty. My iPhone camera doesn’t do them justice.
The next two pictures are my dorm. Notice, as I mentioned before, it is merely a two-story pile of cargo trailers. The “brick” outside is a hollow shell painted to look like brick. From the inside, you can’t tell it’s a pod. It feels fairly normal. It’s a small room. I’ll get a picture of it someday. The last picture is of my BX. Yes, it is a tractor/trailer. They never run out of cigarettes but everything else is extremely picked over. Most of the shelves are empty. Oh well, I have a steady supply of care packages so I’m want for little.
I hope this helps draw you a picture of where I am. I’ll continue to take pictures of stuff and sent it your way. The internet is very slow so I’m having a hard time attaching these pictures. If you don’t receive these, let me know and I’ll send them one at a time. Stay in touch.
Joel
Thanks for sharing these pictures. It helps us "picture" where you are and what you are doing. We are praying for you!
ReplyDelete