About Me

My photo
Joel and I finally decided to join the fun with the Blog crowd. I hope that you enjoy all of our adventures

Monday, March 26, 2012

One less claw

Well we are back home after a week of travel. The weather was perfect in Winnsboro and it was so nice to see Grandmother and Earnest. The kids did great considering all the car time, their schedules were turned upside down. I was looking forward to a day of R and R.
No, Today we experienced our first hiccup. My poor puppy woke up with a bloody paw and a limp. He would not let me come near his paw so I called the vet. I had to bring him in as soon as I could. I quickly got the kids dressed and dropped them off at my friend Corrie's house. She saves me again, so thankful she is in my life. I leave Pistol at the vet and I am instructed to call back at 2:30 unless I hear from them sooner. I call and am able to pick him up at 3:30. His dew claw was in pretty bad shape so they amputated. He explained it like a loose tooth that it was almost gone they just gave it the final break. He is now bandaged up and on antibiotic twice a day. He also has pain medication. He spent most of the evening out back away from the kids. Nurse Chelsea has brought him every toy, scratched his back, and patted him every chance she can. She loves her Pistol. Jonah kept putting food in front of him. I know it could have been a lot worse but i still feel sorry for my pup. Poor Pistol is on the road to recovery.

We just finished week 2 only 28 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment